Psychometric and assessment centre practice
Assessment centres usually run over a half or full day. These are generally after the first round of interviews and before the final selection, but they can be used as part of an initial selection process.
Assessment centres typically include a number of elements: social/informal events, information sessions, psychometric testing and business simulation exercises, i.e. group, role play and in-tray. The psychometric testing and business simulation exercises can be on-line or part of a live process at the assessment event.
You can find more information on what to expect from:
- Prospects – information about typical tests and exercises.
- TARGETjobs – a guide to assessment centres and what to expect.
Practice tests used in assessment and selection:
- Download Practice Papers – from Psychometric Success. There are a range of practice papers available covering: numerical ability, verbal ability, abstract reasoning, technical ability and clerical ability.
- SHL Tests – practise assessment centre tests on-line.
- Psychometric Institute – offers online practice tests.
JobTestPrep provides a wide range of psychometric tests including: numerical, verbal, abstract and diagrammatic reasoning. They also offer practice situational judgement and personality tests as well as help for assessment centres.
Other free practice tests are available, including: